Color 101 for Every Artist
2 Hours Presentation (with Q&A) and 1 Hour Demo
September 24, 2016 9am-12pm
For many artists, color is often the most thrilling and gratifying visual element but it can also be a challenge to master. In this 2-3 hour workshop, we’ll learn about working with color (in a practical way) in our paintings as well as the role that color plays as one of the design elements of art.
- Discover “what’s in your paint tube” (i.e.pigments and their properties)
- The language of color (terms, opaque vs. transparent, the color wheel, and more)
- The relationship between color and value
- Tips for choosing a particular palette including the benefits of a limited palette
- Simple steps for seeing and mixing more accurate colors
- Ways to use color to enrich your painting
- Gain colorful inspiration from examples of contemporary and master painters
- Review basic color theories and plans such as complements, analogous colors, etc.
- Bonus: You’ll also receive a list of exercises you can use to help grown and strengthen your color skills at home